Coordinator I - Performance Improvement – Cardiovascular Service Line, RN Preferred
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 39949
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 1st Shift, M-F
Remote Opportunity: Yes
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028343203-Quality Management
Responsible for supporting cardiovascular service line quality management and performance improvement activities across multiple facilities within the Atrium Health Enterprise.
- Proficiently facilitates performance improvement efforts and coaches others in the development of performance improvement capabilities.
- Maintains competence in applicable licensure, certification, accreditation and other regulatory body requirements.
- Coordinates with facility leaders and other quality management professionals to promote service line improvement initiatives, analyzes trends of performance metrics/business unit level dashboards, identifies opportunities for improvement, develops and maintains management action plans, measures success of these action plans and creates the records and follow-up metrics for each meeting and activity; reassesses approach to maximize success.
- Provides consultation to teammates and leadership in areas of quality, compliance, accreditation and safety.
- Facilitates assessments, develops, implements and evaluates corrective action plans based on past surveys and preparatory tracer activities.
- Develops strategies for improvement that include considerations for leading practice research and shares implementation results across the enterprise.
- Utilizes facilitation skills, data analysis and statistical process control to effect improvements in quality and clinical outcome.
- Consults with and trains teammates to implement monitoring and measurement tools, and data analysis techniques.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and possesses the ability to respond to age specific issues and data reflective of the patient's status.
Must have the ability to clearly communicate verbally, in person, and in writing with patients, families, agencies and the health care team. Works in an office environment. Requires long periods of sitting and computer use.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred. RN or other clinical licensure preferred; certification in health care quality, patient safety or related accreditation entity preferred, required within 2 years of employment. 4 to 6 years experience in healthcare or directly related field and 2 to 4 years leadership experience preferred. Knowledge of Lean Concepts preferred. Intermediate to advanced computer skills with demonstration of skill and competence in use of all Microsoft Office applications preferred. Previous experience or knowledge of TJC preferred.