Development Officer- Teen Health Connection
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 40877
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011017933185-Teen Health Administration
Location: Charlotte - 3541 Randolph Rd
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Development Officer has primary responsibility for managing and increasing Teen Health Connection’s Contributed Revenue which may include Annual Giving efforts, working to renew and upgrade current donor support, creating new relationships with potential donors and strengthening relationships with donors.
The Development Officer works with the Development Team to design and implement the annual Development and Communications Plan which is informed by Teen Health Connection’s board approved strategic plan. The annual work plan includes direct mail and electronic fundraising, donor communication and cultivation efforts (including events).
The Development Officer will work in coordination with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to forge community relationships with individuals who have potential to promote and advocate for the work of Teen Health Connection (ie. media personnel and community leaders). As an integral member of the Development Team, the Development Officer is expected to embrace relationship building with donors, volunteers, and teammates.
- Work with the Executive Director, current and past board members, teammates, and donors to identify and cultivate prospects for philanthropic giving.
- Utilize donor data base and other tools to identify and develop relationships that will lead to sustained and increased contributed revenue.
- Document all activities as appropriate within Donor Perfect and in such a manner to communicate effectively with team members and leadership.
- Work collaboratively with the Development Team to design and implement Teen Health Connection’s friend and fundraising events.
- Meet annual individual contributed revenue goals and Development Team metrics for donor retention and donor acquisition.
- Develop and execute post-event strategy to continue efforts of cultivating and stewarding donors and prospects.
- Work collaboratively with the Communications Development Officer as requested to design and produce Teen Health Connection’s annual mailings, appeals, reports, and other relevant correspondence with the goal of increasing overall revenue and the number of active individual donors and prospects.
- Work collaboratively with the Associate Development Officer to identify, segment, and communicate with various audiences including current and potential donors and advocates.
- Work collaboratively with the Development Team as requested to create and/or update agency marketing materials including brochures, presentation/booth materials, signage, success stories, and other related promotional collateral to be used with internal and external, individual and community audiences.
- Write copy for donor communications, press releases, and stewardship materials as requested.
- Work with team and vendors to ensure timely and proper marketing of events as it relates to donor and prospect needs.
- Greet, welcome, and present to individual and group volunteers and donors as needed.
- Manage own administrative/clerical tasks.
- Participate as requested on relevant board, community, and Teen Health Connection committees.
- Participate in team meetings, training and other activities as directed.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Must be able to easily negotiate main campus and other System facilities. Frequent movement among campus building and facilities is part of normal daily function. Required to work in a variety of locations and under varied conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree required.