PRN Hospice Staff Chaplain
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 37943
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 43411041843620-Patient and Family Services
Location: Monroe - 700 W Roosevelt Blvd
Provides direct spiritual care services as needed to patients, families and teammates, assuming comprehensive spiritual care responsibility for the various clinical areas. Discharges any other additional spiritual duties as assigned.
- Performs daily spiritual care visitation.
- Ensures appropriate response and follow-up on all referrals.
- Provides Spiritual Care and counseling to patients, families and teammates of all cultural and spiritual backgrounds, does not proselytize.
- Provides statistics of Spiritual Care activities and completes charting for spiritual care interactions.
- Supports faith group leaders visiting their members who are patients.
- Engages in spiritual care activities other than those specified above, as necessary.
- Participates in specially scheduled staff meetings of the Department of Spiritual Care.
- Maintains relationships with National Spiritual Care Cognate Group and engages in those activities necessary to maintain certification.
- Facilitates Advance Directive education and process to ensure patients’ rights, if required by facility.
Service ability to be mobile (walking, standing, sitting, etc.) Talking and hearing essential to communicate with patients, families, and teammates. Must be able to read and speak English in simple, understandable terms. Must be able to be mobile and free of any physical limitation which would preclude fulfillment of spiritual care duties. Ability to engage in a good working relationship with all departments.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
Master's of Divinity or equivalency based on the Common Qualification and Competencies for Professional Chaplains required. Four(4) units of Clinical Pastoral Education by an accredited ACPE center required. Certification with National Spiritual Care Cognate Group within 2 years of hire required. Notary Public within first 6 months of hire required when requested by hiring facility or organization.