Chief Financial Officer - Atrium Health Navicent
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 40372
Job Family: Executives
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 52031082940501-Administration
Reporting to the EVP, Chief Financial Officer-Atrium Health with a dotted-line to the President & CEO, Atrium Health Navicent the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – Atrium Health Navicent will serve as the key financial advisor to the CEO, executive team and the Board. The CFO is accountable for the finance functions at Atrium Health Navicent, which include assisting the CEO with overall strategic and financial direction, financial monitoring/oversight, and budget preparation/monitoring. As a teammate within Atrium Health’s Enterprise Shared Service (ESS) finance function, the CFO will partner with ESS finance leaders to ensure the integrity/transparency of AH Navicent’s revenue cycle, cash management, accounting, financial reporting and budgeting/forecasting. He/she will be active and visible in hospital operations and will serve as a go-to -executive for the CEO regarding financial matters. The CFO will make presentations to the Board and will work closely with the Finance Committee. He/she will successfully navigate the corporate relationships within Atrium Health.
Relocation and onsite presence are necessary for the position. (Relocation assistance will be provided)
- Partners with CEO to generate and evaluate market growth and investment opportunities that advance Enterprise strategic plans.
- Collaborating with matrix leaders in Finance (Rev Cycle, Supply Chain, Managed Care contracting, etc.) to cultivate and develop a high-performing, engaged market Finance team.
- Provide market leadership and functional expertise as a board member of assigned associated entities in the market.
- Analyzes, monitors, and presents results of financial operations to the CEO, Atrium Health Navicent executive team, Atrium Health, local Finance Committee and Board of Trustees.
- Conducts monthly financial reviews of entity spending and revenue to minimize organizational risk of deficits; provides linkage of financial operating results to the CEO and executive team.
- Works closely with the CEO and other executive team members in preparing and interpreting financial data, reviewing on-going operations, developing and analyzing business models, evaluating investments and recommending workable proposals, and formulating goals and policies regarding the financial control and administration of the company’s assets.
- Works collaboratively with functional area leaders within Atrium Health Navicent to assess, and when appropriate, implement best practice programs and methods.
- Directs development of organization’s long-term financial plans by proactively determining future projections, trends and scenarios that are useful for strategic planning and management.
- Serves as a strong voice in risk assessment on project funding, allocation priorities and the ability to meet goals/outcomes given financial health of the organization.
- Oversees the tax, regulatory and contract preparation and reporting process of Atrium Health Navicent and all related entities.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or equivalent discipline is required.
- Master’s degree preferred in finance, accounting, business administration OR certification as a public accountant.
- A minimum of 10 years of healthcare delivery system administration; diverse portfolio with hospital Navicent and large medical group finance leadership roles.
- Not-for-profit hospital experience is strongly desired
- Be comfortable working in a highly matrixed environment
- Experience working in a structure which includes corporate and specific entity relationships, with an ability to balance the needs of both.
Critical Success Factors:
- Within the first 6 months, establish sustainable relationships within the finance team, CEO, and Atrium Health partners. Develop a solid working knowledge of current business finance opportunities and strategies for Atrium Health Navicent.
- Within the first year, positively contribute and advance the finance team and environment.
- Within 2 years, demonstrate an enhanced level of autonomy and a proven track record of achieving and exceeding goals, capabilities advancements and operational performance for the department and the Central/South GA market.
Enterprise Leadership Imperatives:
- Thinks Critically and Strategically
- Engages in rigorous problem solving definition, data collection, and analysis, then makes good decisions in the face of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Recognizes important patterns in complex environments, distills the essence, and communicates through “powerful simplification.”
- Sees the big picture and has a long-term perspective, while balancing it against short-term realities.
- Envisions and Enacts the Future
- Creates and communicates compelling visions of exciting, achievable futures.
- Mobilizes people and transforms organizations to realize the vision.
- Catalyzes innovation and builds supporting capabilities.
- Is a committed steward of the Atrium Health culture.
- Connects and Collaborates Across Atrium Health
- Recognizes the critical importance of integration and collaboration in achieving high performance.
- Convenes and nurtures cross-system teams, and works effectively in the “white spaces.”
- Seeks win-win outcomes and puts the well-being of the patient and the overall organization first.
- Leads effectively across cultures.
- Builds and Leads Inclusive, High-performing Leadership Teams
- Understands the value of diversity in teams and gets the best out of all people.
- Establishes trust and creates a culture of psychological safety to enable candid debate.
- Builds consensus; decides when necessary.
- Delivers outstanding results through others.
- Understands and Shapes the External Environment
- Is deeply knowledgeable about the Atrium Health business model and the consumer, competitive, political and social environments in which the organization operates.
- Understands the importance of actively engaging with and shaping these environments.
- Identifies, assesses and builds relationships with key stakeholders.
- Mobilizes and directs supporting capabilities in public affairs, communications and government relations to achieve desired outcomes.
- Builds Talent for and Across the System
- Demonstrated personal accountability for developing future generations of Atrium Health leaders who reflect the diversity of communities we serve.
- Engages actively with colleagues in assessing and developing executive talent, focusing on competencies and character.
- Invests time in coaching and mentoring high-potentials for success.
- Is a role model, embodying the best of Atrium Health’s culture.