This job posting is no longer active.
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 31099
Job Family: Physicians
Specialty: Surgery, Specialty
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F and some call on nights and weekends
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 31641025332182-Plastic Surgery
The Department of Surgery at Atrium Health Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery - Cabarrus is seeking a full-time board certified Plastic Surgeon to join their team in the rapidly growing Concord, NC. The Division of Plastic Surgery includes 9 surgeons and 3 APPs across the Atrium Health system in the Greater Charlotte area. The Cabarrus location has 1 MD, 1 APP, 1 RN, and 1 CMA.
Qualified candidates should:
• Board-certified Surgeon with a license or licensed-eligible to practice in North Carolina
• At least 3 years of experience is highly preferred with the ability to navigate Plastic Surgery as a systems-based approach with affiliated divisions.
• Possess strong leadership abilities, management experience in multidisciplinary/multi-professional environments, and the ability to influence, negotiate and motivate collaborators to build a culture of quality, efficiency, and responsiveness.
Details about the opportunity:
• Clinic hours: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 (some earlier mornings with rounding or surgeries)
• Call: nights and weekends to be shared equally with the providers at the Cabarrus location
• Level 3 trauma center with access to subspeciality cases. This position will primarily be equally split between mirco and general plastic surgery cases.
The Department of Plastic Surgery offers many services to our patients. We provide head and neck reconstruction for the Levine Cancer Institute, maxillofacial and craniofacial surgeries, Mohs surgery, reconstruction for trauma, and we are one of the three busiest centers in the U.S. for DIEP breast reconstruction.
About the Department of Surgery
The Department of Surgery has 75 full-time clinical faculty and 6 PhD translational and basic science researchers. The Divisions in the Department of Surgery are Abdominal Transplant Surgery, Acute Care Surgery, General and Gastrointestinal (GI) Surgery, Hepatopancreatic and Biliary (HPB) Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Surgical Oncology, and Urology.
Concord, NC offers a very affordable cost of living, strong schools in both the public and private sector, and sits conveniently within equal distance between the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC and the beautiful Atlantic coast. Small friendly communities scattered among county farmlands and forests offer an unlimited variety of cultural and recreational amenities. Outdoor enthusiasts will appreciate the wide array and abundance of wildlife, pristine forests and winding hiking trails, as well as various equestrian facilities. Concord has direct access to UNC Charlotte, Concord Mills, Charlotte Motor Speedway and a quick drive to the Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
Atrium Health is one of the largest, most comprehensive and integrated, public, not-for-profit systems in the nation compromising more than 7,500 licensed beds, employing nearly 62,000 people and accounting for more than 12 million patient encounters on an annual basis. The General Surgery Section performs elective general surgery cases and covers emergency general surgery services at Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center and Atrium Health Mercy. Carolinas Medical Center is an 874-bed tertiary/quaternary care hospital, ACS-verified Level I trauma center with 141 ICU bed and 74 operating rooms. Carolinas Medical Center provides 24/7 support for complex and critically ill patients including a 29-bed dedicated Surgical ICI with surgical critical care boarded coverage, advanced interventional radiology and gastrointestinal support, and a wide range of surgical subspecialists.