Registered Nurse I - Teammate Health - Atrium Health Cleveland/Kings Mountain/Lincoln - FT Weekdays
Shelby, NC, United States
Job ID: 36909
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342209-Teammate Health
Location: AH Cleveland - Teammate Health 201 East Grover St
The Teammate Health Nurse evaluates, advises, counsels, screens, immunizes, and refers Atrium teammates to achieve a maximum level of safety and health maintenance. The nurse has responsibility for all areas of Teammate Health functions for a specific role, i.e. Infectious Disease Team or Facility Nurse.
- Reviews Bloodborne Pathogen Exposures, provides counseling regarding the risk of the exposure, investigates the cause of the injury and medication side effects. Communicates with the teammate and the department manager involved.
- Reviews Infectious Disease Exposures, and once confirmed works with teammate providing necessary education and treatment as appropriate.
- Reviews laboratory results ordered by the department and ensures follow-up.
- Keep accurate, detailed records of assessments, consultations, treatments and referrals.
- Gather statistics, analyzes data and reports information as appropriate to Infection Prevention and Environment of Care meetings.
- Interacts closely with Occupational Health Physician, Worker's Compensation, Infection Prevention, Occupational Health and Safety, Risk Management, Laboratory, Pharmacy and Department Managers to provide for teammate needs and concerns.
- Trained to work independently in all areas of Teammate Health responsibilities to provide comprehensive department coverage.
- Communicates activities/information to Infectious Disease Team and leader.
- Involved in Escalation Plans as indicated by Incident Command Center.
- On-Call required (for Infectious Disease Team).
- Conducts medical surveillance programs as defined by Atrium policy and procedure.
- Has responsibility for assigned specialty area(s), i.e. infectious disease exposure, bloodborne pathogen exposure counseling, TB surveillance, leave of absence, safety committee, etc.
- Performs or coordinates completion of post-offer health screenings for new hires and volunteers including review of medical history, immunizations, urine drug screen, color blind and vision testing, fingerprints, employment eligibility verification, psychological assessment screening, and physical abilities testing as applicable.
- Counsels teammate regarding further medical evaluation, immunizations, and needed documentation.
- Evaluates teammates for skin irritation and sensitivity. Recommends alternative products for prevention and management.
- Assesses teammates for return to work following diagnosis of communicable disease.
- Conducts satellite clinics or test sites as needed.
- Supervises office staff in the absence of Manager.
- Maintains confidentiality of medical records, medical information and test results.
- Participates in Shared Governance Committee.
Works in a moderately fast paced office environment that requires sitting and standing. Carrying documents and supplies to various campus locations is required. Transportation to other sites may be required. Must work in a safe manner following all Atrium policies and procedures. Works in a variety of settings and frequently deals with stressful situations.
Education, Experience and Certifications
NC RN licensure required. BSN preferred. Previous experience in an occupational or teammate health setting preferred. Knowledge of immunization, infectious diseases, drug abuse and counseling techniques preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.