Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 37019
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11141004831509-Nursing - Patient Saftey Attendants
Location: AH Cabarrus Main - 920 Church St N
The Psychiatric Technician is responsible for assisting the Registered Nurse in meeting needs of psychiatric or chemically dependent patients. Functions under supervision of the Nurse Manager, Supervisor, charge nurse or RN on the unit to which assigned.
- Observes, reports, and documents signs and symptoms or changes in patient behavior to charge nurse.
- Interacts with patients therapeutically.
- Assists, initiates, and participates in social and recreational activities, group therapy, patient teaching groups, and other group activities.
- Uses CPI techniques appropriately.
- Makes rounds on assigned patients at least every half hour during shift.
- Demonstrates flexibility in changing workload.
- Responds to patients with empathy, maintaining their dignity and confidentiality.
- Participates in unit-based process improvement activities.
- Participates in unit-based committees.
- All mandatory training as per facility policy.
Works in patient care area with potentially combative or self-destructive patients, including behavior control areas. Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner. Work requires walking, standing, lifting, reaching, handling of charts, supplies, equipment, blood, and body fluids.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree preferred. Relevant patient care experience in a hospital setting preferred. Good therapeutic communication skills required. CPI certification required within 90 days of hire date. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.