Director - Lab Operations - Anatomic Pathology
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 33884
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005039006-Histology
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
The Director of Operations oversees planning, organizing, and coordinating all activities within the technical operations of Anatomic Pathology across the Greater Charlotte Region.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and implement a strategic operational plan to meet customer needs.
- Develops and implements an annual operations plan with department goals, department dashboard, key activities, timelines, and resource requirements clearly defined and understood by all teammates and other department stakeholders.
- Develops and implements annual operating and capital budgets.
- Partners with front-line anatomic pathology leadership to recruit, interview, and select departmental teammates and ensure department is adequately staffed and supervised at all times.
- Develops succession plan and ensures ongoing implementation of skills development programs for front-line teammates.
- Ensures necessary labor, supplies, and equipment are in place to meet the needs of the department’s customers at all times. Oversees and coordinates the daily flow of specimens and information throughout all Anatomic Pathology locations across the Greater Charlotte Region.
- Improves quality and efficiency by standardizing processes and analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout. Ensures quality issues are rapidly identified and corrected.
- Supports teammates by using critical thinking and problem-solving skills to create an environment of continuous quality improvement. Oversees communication processes throughout AP operations including daily huddles and regular meetings.
- Achieves goals established in the annual operations plan. These include targets related to the quality of the product, speed and consistency of delivery, teammate engagement and financial performance. Ensures strategic goals are maintained in balance to avoid achieving some goals at the expense of others.
- Ensures all requirements of applicable regulatory agencies (federal, state, local) are satisfied always. Coordinates all activities with the Medical Director and performs all other reasonable duties assigned by the AVP.
Works in an area which contains biohazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire, and mechanical hazards. Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner. May be required to stoop, reach and lift light (20 pound) to moderately heavy (50 pound) loads.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, Science or another related field required. Minimum of 5 years of experience in operations leadership required. Experience in laboratory technical field strongly preferred. Solid computer skills in Microsoft Office and other AP related information system applications preferred. Demonstrated track record of achieving results and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment preferred.