Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 33682
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Weekday position but on-call requirement
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342420-IAS Database Technologies
The Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical relational database management systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our healthcare applications.
• Advises IS management on technology direction.
• Analyzes new and existing Database technologies to maximize the System's investments.
• Serves as a database administration subject matter expert.
• Defines and implements processes or architecture changes based on technology advancements or changes in technology direction.
• Possesses an in-depth knowledge of client's requirements and offers alternatives based on system capabilities and limitations.
• Manages and coordinates the work efforts of multiple vendors.
• Provides direction to associate, intermediate and senior-level project team members.
• Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
• Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
• Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
• Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
• Other duties as assigned.
Environment is subject to high-level visibility through exposure to administration. Job duties will require high degree of proficiency in verbal and written communications. Be on call 24/7(beeper) to respond to all database production needs. Ability to work in an air-conditioned environment. Ability to lift, place, and remove equipment weighing up to 35 pounds from floor to waist-high tables or shelves 6 feet above floor level. Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
• High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• At least 5 years of database/SQL experience.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows systems required.
• Strong skills in SQL Server database administration required.
• Experience with MySQL, Postgres, Linux, SSIS and Rubrik a plus.
• Flexible team player and applies a sense of ownership and energy to tasks.
• Ability to organize and plan work independently.
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.