This job posting is no longer active.
Milledgeville, GA, United States
Job ID: 36476
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Part Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12031053330052-Nursing - Medical Intensive Care
Performs skilled work under occasional supervision, operates an approved ground Ambulance or EMS Non-Transporting Vehicle, responds to the scene of emergency and non-emergency calls and applies necessary medical treatment and transport to sick and/or injured persons. Creates patient care and operational reports, communicates with physicians, nurses and other medical and emergency services personal. Maintains ambulances, equipment and supplies to manufactures specifications and agency par levels.
- Responds to requests for service, performs necessary medical care and procedures in accordance with state regulations and local established protocols.
- Operates EMS vehicles and equipment in a safe manner.
- Operates agency communications equipment to communicate with dispatchers, physicians, nurses and other emergency services personnel.
- Prepares detailed medical, operational and incident reports as required.
- Maintains vehicles, equipment and supplies in a state of readiness in accordance with established guidelines.
- Assists in keeping owned and leased facilities and grounds clean and professional in appearance.
- Participates in required employee meetings for educational and operational purposes.
- Participates in EMS community education and community relations activities to promote a positive image of EMS and the profession.
Must be physically able to operate a variety of vehicles and equipment as required to meet the essential job functions of an EMS provider. Must be able to exert up to 200 pounds of force occasionally, and or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and or up to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects and or people. Requires the ability to coordinate eyes and hands at a normal speed and accurately in using medical equipment and performing procedures. Requires the ability to handle a variety of items such as emergency medical equipment and supplies. Requires eye/hand/foot coordination and the ability to communicate via different means of communication devices. Requires the ability to differentiate between colors and shades of colors. Subject to normal hazards of emergency medical work, including exposure to infectious diseases.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or GED required. Degree in an EMS related field preferred. Successful completion of an EMT-Paramedic training program required. Current NC Paramedic certification required. National Registry preferred. BLS CPR, ACLS, PALS/PEPP and PHTLS required.