Certified Surgical Technologist
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 36563
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 12011053130377-Surgery - Pediatric
Under the direction of the RN, performs duties and responsibilities in assisting in the care of the patient. Responsible for designated equipment and supplies used in the case. Flexible to accommodate changing assignments, workload, and willingness to learn new skills. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Prepares surgical instrumentation for sterilization and pulls together needed materials for procedures. Prepares the sterile field, instrumentation, and equipment for surgical procedures. Anticipates the needs of the surgeon, assists the nurse and the anesthesia provider as needed.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain a clean, safe, and comfortable environment for the patient, including correct handling of body fluids, proper body mechanics
- Reports pertinent patient information to the appropriate person(s) in a clear, concise, accurate and timely manner.
- Establishes therapeutic relationships with health care team through effective use of verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Prepares and maintains a sterile field by assembling of instrumentation and equipment needed for procedures.
- Prepares, collects, and handles of all specimens.
- Assists the peri-operative team with positioning of patients.
- Anticipates the needs of the surgeon.
- Counts all sponges/tapes/needled/instrumentation.
- Minimum education of a High School Diploma or GED.
- Completion of surgical tech program, either technical or military school.
- No experience required, but one year experience is preferred.
- Must attain certification within 12 months to remain in position. Military certification will be accepted.