Ultrasound Tech - PRN (Milledgeville, GA)
Milledgeville, GA, United States
Job ID: 36690
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Part Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12031075239243-Radiology - Diagnostics
**THIS POSITION IS IN THE GREENSBORO AREA, NEEDED FOR FRIDAYS**
Under indirect supervision, performs all duties associated with acquisition, processing, submission for interpretation and archiving of medical ultrasound images. Responsible for the care of the patient while in the ultrasound department.
Essential Job Duties:
- Positions patients and selects appropriate protocol to demonstrate anatomy of area of interest based on accepted ultrasound/sonography principles.
- Judges’ diagnostic quality of finished medical images prior to submission to radiologist for interpretation.
- Under indirect supervision of the radiologist the technologist customizes each patient exam based on accepted ultrasound/sonography principles to optimize the diagnostic value of each specific imaging encounter.
- Reviews all diagnostic ultrasound requests for appropriateness based on clinical information provided. All questionable orders are communicated to the radiologist for final approval.
- Performs clerical responsibilities associated with acquisition, processing and archiving of patient records. Completes exams in Radnet and turns in fee tickets to capture charges for procedures performed.
- Must be a High School or GED Diploma Graduate.
- Graduate of AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology or an associate degree in Ultrasound.
- Registered or registry eligible through ARRT or ARDMS. Must successfully obtain ARDMS certification within 6 months of employment date.