NHPG Nurse Practitioner-Family Medicine
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 36646
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 32341081733173-Family Medicine
Functions independently in the primary care office setting in collaboration with a supervising physician. Includes Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and Women’s Health settings. Provides care that may be longitudinal, and is responsible for disease management across time, or provides care for overflow and sick visits. Emphasis on preventative care, stable acute illness reprieve, health promotion and illness/injury prevention. Alternatively, functions independently in the on-site occupational or teammate health clinic settings in collaboration with a supervising physician. Provides care that is focused on single-visit encounters. Emphasis is on illness reprieve and medication/vaccination compliance. Coordinates staffing and orientation of assigned team members. Plans and conducts ongoing education and training. Maintains infection control/safety standards, and be committed to providing and promoting patient-centered communication and care.
- Primary Care Setting
- Provides assessment, diagnosis, treatment, education, referral, and follow-up for a shared or owned panel of patients or may handle on a by-visit basis.
- Manages multiple chronic illnesses, performs minimally invasive procedures, and works with a stable patient population.
- Recommends screenings and tests based on patients’ demographics.
- Manages health care within protocols mutually agreed upon by physician and APP team members.
- Identifies abnormal findings early and initiates appropriate intervention.
- Participates on committees and in research as appropriate.
OnSite/Teammate Health Clinic Settings
- Provides assessment, diagnosis, treatment, education, referral, and follow-up for patients on a by-visit basis; including virtual visits.
- Manages acute illnesses or chronic medication administration and works with a stable patient population.
- Physical Requirements
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English fluently and in understandable terms. Must possess intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to react and perform in stressful situations.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in GA required. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and concentrate.
Master's Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. AGPCNP, FNP, PNP-PC, or ANP certification according to population served.
Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master's Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.