This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 19791-OTHLOC-300000013702750
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 33121005040006-Virtual Care
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
The Hospital at Home ([email protected]) Navigator identifies potential patients, evaluates their eligibility and makes recommendations for transfer/ admission to [email protected] Functioning as a liaison between inpatient/ED clinicians, [email protected] clinicians and PCL, the Navigator also serves as an advocate for the patient/family to assure a safe and seamless transition to home.
• Evaluates ED and IP patients for eligibility for [email protected] based on clinical criteria, SDOH evaluation, payor and geographic considerations through chart review and collaboration with facility clinicians
• Based on eligibility evaluations, makes recommendations to referring providers for transfer/admission to [email protected]
• Provides consultation for facility providers re: patient eligibility decisions
• Acts as a patient/family advocate throughout the transfer process; initiates conversation with patient/family regarding potential transfer to [email protected] including risks/benefits to improve understanding of the services.
• Engages PCL to initiate transfer/ admission process
• Supports facility nursing team in the transfer process to include patient/family education and procurement of resources/supplies (i.e. O2, medical kit, medications, etc.)
• Collaborates and coordinates care with Care Managers and other service line Navigators
• Attends MDI rounds, both [email protected] and IP as able
• Facilitates provider specialty consults including coordination with inpatient hospitalist providers as needed
• Identifies and addresses barriers to timely transfers to [email protected]
• Educates facility clinicians about [email protected] program and processes
• Develops and tracks metrics to evaluate performance and improve efficiency
• Identifies barriers for [email protected] referrals and works with team to remove
• Additional functions may be added in response to the evolution of the program
Ability to lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching. May require sitting/standing for long periods of time.
BSN Degree Required/MSN Preferred. Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina required. Certification in the appropriate specialized field within 2 years of being in the position required. Excellent communication skills required.
Education, Experience and Certifications