Belmont, NC, United States
Job ID: 33620
Job Family: Respiratory Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 44021001933313-Respiratory Care
Location: Belmont - 275 Beatty Dr
The Registered Respiratory Therapist III position provides Respiratory Care Practitioners with a pathway for advancement that is an alternative to the managerial route within Respiratory Care profession. The Registered Respiratory Therapist III offers opportunities for individuals to set and meet career goals. It also supports behaviors which promote professional development of others through role modeling, mentoring and teaching.
· Demonstrates knowledge in various modes and methods of oxygen delivery and the equipment needed for each and can conduct prescribed therapeutic procedures to achieve adequate oxygenation.
· Administers therapeutic procedures, understanding the purpose and benefits, and possible effects associated with each.
· Performs diagnostic procedures as outlined in policy.
· Initiates, monitors and maintains mechanical ventilators and non-invasive ventilators and is aware of the critical care duties and effects of such therapy.
· Independently evaluates current therapies using appropriate judgment and protocols, making proper recommendations concerning plans of care and patient education needs.
· Documents therapy and results as required by hospital, department and regulatory agencies. Communicates information to appropriate members of the healthcare team.
· Initiates, conducts and modifies respiratory care techniques in an emergency setting.
· Performs and evaluates blood sampling analysis with a thorough understanding of the values, and the importance and treatment of abnormal results.
· Works independently in all patient care areas and assists co-workers with patient care whenever possible.
· Follows departmental safety guidelines. Completes all regulatory requirements.
· Completes annual proficiency evaluation of respiratory care equipment and procedures.
· Is proficient in the electronic medical records and its interface with the Respiratory Care Department.
Requires repetitive physical activity. Able to walk and stand to perform duties. Ability to lift materials 20-50 pounds. Ability to move patients of all age groups. Must be able to move equipment on wheels. Exposure to working environment that may include odors, low lighting, and crowded working conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate of an AMA-approved school of Respiratory Care. Associates RRT or RRT Equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred. Credentialed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care. Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in the state of North Carolina. Basic Life Support for healthcare providers thru the American Heart Association. Advanced certifications per facility policy/standards. For free-standing Emergency Department and Virtual Critical Care, 2 years critical care experience required.
Advancement complies with the requirements of the Respiratory Therapist Clinical Ladder. Experience, approved certification, and education as outlined in Respiratory Therapist Clinical Ladder.