Senior Application Specialist - Clinical Service Desk
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 31295
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342410-IAS Canopy Advanced Support Team
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Formulates and defines system scope and objectives. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents those programs. Provides guidance and training to other application specialists.
- Coordinates with clients and peers to enhance system functionality while understanding the possible ramifications to the client's business processes and Information Services. Ensures client requests are properly evaluated and responded to in a timely manner.
- Leads teams of one or more members in accordance with project demands. Ability to recognize individual team member competencies and assign tasks accordingly. Plans work effort of one's self and possibly other project team members.
- Manages training when necessary, inclusive of course development and delivery. Ability to break down complex problems into manageable tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of applications and their integration (interface) with and effect on other systems.
- Provides feedback to management to be used during the evaluation and counseling of team members.
- Leads projects in one or more aspects of the information systems lifecycle (product selection, business requirement definition, communication, implementation, issue resolution, production support). Develops workplans, estimates tasks, and properly records time tracking for one's self and possibly other team members.
- Ensures successful completion of assigned projects on schedule, within budget, and in accordance within System standards.
- Oversees ongoing provider educational opportunities, facilitate adoption, and use of our Electronic Medical Record applications (Cerner and Epic)
- Produces accurate and complete work while meeting or exceeding department productivity standards for first contact resolution (FCR), wait times, talk times, and call volumes.
- Demonstrates exceptional written, verbal, and listening communication skills to enhance customer interactions demonstrate strong customer service skills for issues as they relate to clinical systems and workflow questions presented by physicians and clinical staff.
- Participates and leads daily team huddle meetings
- Supports customer emergency issues and escalates to the appropriate person or group as needed
- Provides excellent customer service to physicians and clinicians on Atrium Health’s clinical systems
- Performs maintenance, troubleshooting, research, administrative work, and fact-finding to respond to hardware, software, network, and enterprise application issues or requests in the support of clinical users for patient and non-patient care areas.
- Provides cross-training to peers.
- Participates and leads daily team huddle meetings.
Must be able to lift objects that weigh up to 35 lbs. This position is subject to high-level visibility through verbal and written communications with senior hospital management, associated project deadlines, personnel evaluation, and counseling. Must be available for on-call support on a regular basis. Due to project requirements, overtime will be required, as needed. Provides on-site support coverage as necessary.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field preferred. Formal training in Information systems, desktop applications, databases, software development packages and programming languages preferred. Experience with Cerner Millennium, Epic, or other EMR systems required. ITIL processes and HDI certifications a preferred. Knowledge with the ServiceNow application, remote access software, MS Office Suite, Microsoft Windows OS, Apple macOS, Apple iOS platforms preferred. Experience with clinical workflow processes preferred.