This job posting is no longer active.
Milledgeville, GA, United States
Job ID: 29448
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Part Time
Shift: On Call
Shift Details: Temporary
Department Name: 12031053332944-Oncology - Radiation
Calculates and applies ionizing radiation to the patient in accordance with the prescription and instructions of the radiation oncologist. Uses knowledge and education to provide professional patient care and exercises professional judgment in treatment delivery.
Major Job Functions:
- Checks prescription, diagnosis, chart and patient identification.
- Explains procedure to patient, maintains mean of communication during treatment and procedure to follow should an emergency arise during treatment.
- Reinforces Radiation Oncologist advice to patient regarding treatment and care.
- Prepares room and equipment for patient according to prescription regarding immobilization devices, field size, treatment distance, lead protection devices, etc.
- Transfers patient safely to treatment couch, giving special care to catheters, IV drips, etc.
- Checks daily treatment dose and delivers prescribed dose.
- Maintains visual and audible communication with the patient during the treatment.
- Maintains patient markings.
- Operates radiation therapy equipment (linear accelerator, simulator, ultrasound) to deliver prescribed treatment.
- Maintains records of treatment given, patients seen, dosage administered according to established procedures and regulations governing information maintenance.
- Must have completed a course of study in an accredited radiation therapy technology in a program
- Minimum six months of experience
- Current registration with the ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technology).