Team Assistant - Continuing Care
This job posting is no longer active.
Lincolnton, NC, United States
Job ID: 32844
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 42011037740501-Administration
Location: Lincolnton - 853 S Laurel St
Performs data entry to update patient and employee records and schedules. Maintains data entry of physician database. Retrieves information from charts, assists with billing, filing, switchboard coverage as assigned, and handles general office tasks.
- Performs data entry to update patient and employee records and schedules.
- Maintains data entry of physician database.
- Retrieves information from charts, assists with billing, filing, switchboard coverage as assigned, and handles general office tasks as requested.
- Completes timely order data entry daily for clinical approval.
- Processes and tracks successful notifications for missed visits and facility transfer. physician orders to assure timely return.
- Maintains daily contact with physician offices by phone or in person to obtain signed orders within appropriate time frame.
- Develops the Plan of Care according to submitted information on admission, recertification and discharge.
- Assists with scheduling, payor verification and authorizations.
Works in an office setting. Must be able to sit for long periods of time, operate computer, keyboard and telephone. Work requires occasional lifting of documents or supplies. Work requires the ability to follow oral and written instructions and maintain organized, accurate records and files. Frequent errands require the ability to travel extensively and to walk short distances.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Computer knowledge and data entry experience required. 1 year data entry, general medical office and clerical work experience preferred.