Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 33847
Job Family: Maintenance Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11141004841904-Plant Operations
Location: AH Cabarrus Main - 920 Church St N
Manages and collaborates, as an integral extension of the facility leadership team, emergency response, EOC, and other project management site teams as needed to meet administrative, regulatory, incident prevention and productivity goals. Generally responsible for the organization and direction of the Plant Operations and Maintenance functions for the assigned department(s) within multiple facilities and cost centers, with staff distributed over multiple locations. Manage the implementation and administration of standards, audit methodologies and staff training necessary to meet or exceed all regulatory compliance requirements as established by Administration. Oversee safety compliance and installation of capital projects as assigned throughout assigned departments. Performs other duties that mitigate plant operation or maintenance incidents.
• Recommend, improve, evaluate, maintain, and administer maintenance programs in support of the departmental and organizational mission and goals.
• Evaluate and analyze root cause of building system failures. Develop recommendations and implement solutions to avoid future failures and disruption.
• Assist in the development of business unit and enterprise goals, staffing, incident prevention and productivity standards and develop departmental goals and objectives.
• Coordinate interdepartmental and intradepartmental services. Maintain excellent communications with Director, POM staff, and customers.
• Support coordination and implementation of larger scale projects throughout the facility(ies) assigned.
• Coordinate and implement all regulatory compliance standards to support assigned facilities.
• Coordinate the implementation of standardized record keeping and reporting for assigned department as specified by FMG policies and procedures. Manage an effective audit program to ensure timely compliance.
• Conduct routine POM staff meetings for employee training and timely distribution of information related to the department and organization.
• Maintain a state-of-the-art awareness of equipment and systems performance and report any abnormalities to the Director.
• Identify cost savings initiatives and process improvement initiatives and present them - for possible implementation.
• Manage multisite departmental budget and ensure budget is maintained within parameters. Report any variances for analysis.
• Responsible for the management and welfare of assigned employees in accordance with departmental and HR policies and procedures.
• Ensure the implementation and enforcement of Atrium Health adopted safety policies and procedures. Responsible for personally working in a safe manner.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining a positive and cooperative work environment.
• Analyze and utilize department data to assess and improve productivity and metrics.
• Integrally participate in emergency management events and incident command structure.
• Evaluate and develop a staffing plan to ensure preventive maintenance tasks are completed on time, customer service goals, and productivity goals are met.
• Lead in the development of the capital plan for all assigned sites.
• Participate in enterprise initiatives.
Mobile within facility(ies) and must climb, lift, crawl, squat and kneel to observe work and conditions. Ability to sense vibration, smells, heat and cold. Exposure to hazardous chemical and materials, hot piping, steam, live electrical systems, uneven or unsteady walking surfaces, construction hazards and may work from ladders/other precarious platforms.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s degree is preferred but may be substituted with equivalent leadership experience (healthcare preferred) and 5 years of experience in a large integrated system (healthcare preferred). Documented course work and/or seminars related codes and standards required. CHFM required, or within one year of eligibility. Experience with BAS, CMMS and automated fire systems required. Knowledge of relevant NFPA codes, TJC standards, and relevant state and local codes required.
Valid driver's license required.