Lincolnton, NC, United States
Job ID: 32748
Job Family: Nutrition Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11091005343821-Diabetic Education
Location: AH Lincoln Main - 433 McAlister Rd
Assesses, plans, and coordinates the clinical and clerical operations and functions of the Diabetes Education and Nutrition Program . Oversees day-to-day operations of the Diabetes Self Management Education (DMSE) and the Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) provided by the program and ensures National Standards are met and maintained. For hospital-based programs, provides administrative oversight of day-to-day operations and adheres to the American Diabetes Association (ADA) standards for inpatient DMSE.
• Assesses, plans, and coordinates the clinical and clerical operations and functions of the Diabetes Education and Nutrition Program to ensure quality, cost effective healthcare is provided by an educated and qualified staff.
• Ensures that the Diabetes Education and Nutrition Program operations and teammates are in compliance with the National Standards (NSDME), Nursing Practice Act, Dietitian Licensure Act, regulatory agency standards, and applicable Atrium Health policies and procedures.
• Maintains ADA recognition and participates in the evaluation of the program’s effectiveness.
• Maintains responsibility and accountability for total quality of care provided by the Diabetes Education and Nutrition Program.
• Assumes responsibility in the recruitment and retention of qualified personnel.
• Conducts staff meetings at regular intervals to exchange information and to promote dialogue.
• Coordinates the collection, analysis, and presentation of clinical statistical data.
• Demonstrates knowledge of diabetes self-management and educational principles.
• Demonstrates knowledge of Medical Nutrition Therapy and educational principles.
• Allocates resources to meet area needs and to achieve goals.
• Collaborates with staff and leaders to fulfill the goals and mission.
This position requires walking, sitting, standing, reaching, bending, pushing and pulling. Must be able to list and support the weight of 35 pounds. Must have intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Current licensure as Registered Nurse or Registered Dietitian in the state of NC required. BSN required for all RN incumbents. 2 years’ experience preferred. Certification by the National Certification Board of Diabetes Educators (CDCES) required within 3 years of hire. Previous management experience preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.