Director - Union Emergency Medical Services (UEMS)
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 33813
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11081005640501-Administration
Location: AH Union Main - 600 Hospital Drive
Performs administrative and supervisory work in planning, organizing and directing. Organizes and directs the operations of the Emergency Medical Service functions, including preparing and administering the annual budget, coordinating the activities of governmental, non-governmental agencies. Provides emergency medical services or support for such services, developing and implementing emergency responses or evacuation plans, and supervising, advising and instructing department personnel. Educates the public as to the correct use of resources in cases of emergencies.
- Plans, directs and supervises activities and programs of the Emergency Medical Services Department.
- Supervises, assigns and directs activities of subordinate professional, technical and clerical personnel, ensuring adherence to established laws.
- Prepares and administers annual budget for emergency medical services.
- Develops long-range service expansion plans, conferring with local government and business leaders for input.
- Prepares and submits applications for grants from governmental agencies, as appropriate, and administers awarded grants.
- Approves purchases of all drugs, medical supplies, and equipment.
- Oversees the coordination of initial and continuing education for first responders.
- Acts as spokesperson for EMS, deals with the public and media per Healthcare System policies.
Must be physically able to operate a variety of machinery and equipment including cardiac monitors, defibrillators, pacemakers, glucometers, telephones, stretchers, radios, and emergency medical equipment. Must be able to exert up to 200 pounds of force occasionally, and or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and or up to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects and or people. Physical requirements are for heavy work.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree required and previous management experience preferred.