This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 33178
Job Family: Research Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 55541005037501-Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Conducts research in clinical rehabilitation medicine and collaborates with faculty in ongoing and planned research.
- Performs searches in databases, analyzes data, and prepares presentations.
- Provides instruction and mentors to residents, post doctoral fellows, students and research associates on the fundamentals of exercise physiology, evidence-based medicine, research principles, and methodologies.
- Develops and Performs research programs in clinical rehabilitation medicine including community integration and motor recovery after brain injury, in rehabilitation interventions and recovery processes among individuals with disability, and other research projects.
- Collaborates on projects on the basic and clinical and translational aspects of clinical rehabilitation medicine.
- Generates data quality check, data reports and analysis and writes progress reports.
- Writes manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Prepares abstracts and presents research findings at local and national meetings.
- Conceives, develops, writes, and submits grant funding.
- Participates in safety and quality assurance activities.
Involves long periods of sitting or standing and some walking. Occasional lifting of documents, supplies, equipment, solutions and chemicals required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
MD and/or Ph.D. with at least 3 years of relevant post-doctoral research in biochemistry, molecular biology, or cell biology. Published in respected journals with high report factors.