Occupational Health Nurse - PRN Float (2) (0.1)
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 31106
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 33011017232911-Occupational Health
Location: Charlotte - 2709 Water Ridge Pkwy
The RN Clinical Nurse I/Ambulatory provides professional nursing care through skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation in the ambulatory, outpatient, and Medical Group practice settings in accordance with policies and procedures under the supervision of the supervisor and manager. The RN Clinical Nurse I/Ambulatory will assist in maintaining a safe work environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the population of patients served.
- Collects data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine actual or potential diagnoses, problems, and issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies to attain expected, measurable outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of goals and outcomes.
- Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity and inclusion principles.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice.
- Collaborates with healthcare consumer and other key stakeholders in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Seeks knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice and promotes futuristic thinking.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Evaluates one's own and other's nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain evidence-based nursing services that are safe, effective, and fiscally responsible.
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- Practices ethically.
- Promotes shared governance, or facility decision making activities, developing and nurturing research to positively affect clinical outcomes and promotion.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Physical Abilities Testing required.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required. BSN Required. Licensed RN by the state of North Carolina. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare status according to American Heart Association. Minimum of 2 years of health care experience with recent experience in community health and wellness, urgent care, occupational health, primary care, emergency medicine, or home care. Motivational interviewing and/or Health Coaching certification is a bonus. Additional education and certifications may be required within the department by the department manager.