Speech Language Pathologist - PRN - Atrium Health Stanly Rehab
Albemarle, NC, United States
Job ID: 33753
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Part Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11131005537653-Rehabilitation Services - Outpatient
Evaluates, plans, directs and administers programs of speech-language pathology in an acute level setting, upon referral by the physician.
- Plans and conducts speech-language pathology programs to restore function, prevent disability, and help patients reach their maximum level of independence.
- Supervises Rehab Technicians, volunteers and students.
- Provides direct therapy services to patients admitted to a level of care where service provision is required 7 days a week, including holidays (acute care, rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility).
- Gathers and interprets appropriate data from the medical record, physician reports, patient, and/or family, as evidenced by documentation.
- Evaluates patients, selects and administers assessment techniques, synthesizes information to establish appropriate patient care plan to include necessary modalities, procedures, exercise programs, therapeutic groups and patient education as warranted by a holistic view of the patient's diagnosis, condition, age, and contextual needs of discharge disposition.
- Documents evaluations, tests, progress notes, daily treatment notes, attendance records, patient/family education, outcomes, discharge notes, and charges.
- Re-evaluates patients as needed, modifying goals and treatment as the patient's status changes and communicates patient's evaluation and subsequent progress to physician, referral sources, and other clinical staff.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and adequate language/cognitive skills to perform job duties. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's Degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited SLP program required. NC license for SLP required. Minimum of 1 year experience required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.