Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 31616
Job Family: Medical Records Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 12011053136701-Trauma Service
The Trauma Registrar will report to the Trauma Services Manager and be expected to:
- Identify patients who meet criteria for inclusion in the Trauma Registry.
- Navigate the electronic medical record (EMR) and interpret documented data.
- Enter data into the Trauma Registry according to the trauma data dictionary definition.
- Assign appropriate ICD 10 PCS and perform AIS (Abbreviated Injury Severity) coding and Injury Severity Scoring with a 95% or greater abstracting accuracy rate.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- High school diploma required. Associates or Bachelor's degree in healthcare-related field (preferred)
For this full-time remote work position, the applicant must have two (2) years of previous work experience that demonstrates:
- A solid knowledge of anatomy,
- Medical terminology, 3) ICD coding, and the ability to consistently meet productivity goals.
- Previous experience with another disease registry or benchmarking database is considered a plus.
- AAAM AIS injury coding and ATS Trauma Registry course attendance certified AIS specialist (CAISS) or certified specialist trauma registrar (CSTR)
- certifications strongly preferred.