Radiology Tech Extern I
This job posting is no longer active.
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 32770
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Temporary
Department Name: 12011053139243-Radiology - Diagnostics
Performs under the direction of Radiologist, operates x-ray equipment to make diagnostic radiographs of designated portions of the body and provides x-ray therapy for patients.
- Reviews requisition for physician notes and/or special instructions and consults with Radiologist and/or other physicians as necessary.
- Confirms patient identification by verbal confirmation and validates proof of identity.
- Reviews patient medical history pertaining to specific procedure and documents on requisition.
- Performs correct and adequate anatomic positioning skills.
- Selects and operates equipment as dictated by demands of individual procedure.
- Prepares and administers contrast media as required.
- Performs and/or assists with radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures.
- Assists in maintaining patient records to include closing orders, fixing exceptions, obtaining STAT readings and verifying correct exam was sent to Stentor.
This position requires strenuous physical effort while assisting patients from wheelchairs and stretchers. Handles equipment and monitors supplies. Frequently required to stretch, bend, twist, squat or kneel in operating radiographic equipment. Must be able to use hands for power gripping, speed work and precision during manipulation of radiographic equipment and in the case of injured and/or diseased patients. Vision and hearing for distances of up to 10 feet is necessary. Exposure to various physical conditions such as walking on hard surfaces, climbing stairs and being near moving equipment. Able to adapt to changes in temperature and humidity.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Successful completion of an AMA approved Radiologic Technology program required. ARRT Registry eligible. 1 year of direct patient care work experience preferred. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required.