Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 31396
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 31611040030377-Surgery - Pediatric
Location: MMP - 1025 Morehead Medical Dr
Atrium Health - Levine Children’s Hospital in Charlotte, NC is looking for an experienced Pediatric Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to join their extraordinary team of surgical clinicians.
Previous work experience in the inpatient care setting with pre- and post-operative care for a pediatric surgical population is preferred. The provider in this position will perform consultations, history and physicals, admissions, orders, discharges, as well as coordination of care for patients in general and trauma settings.
• Daily rounding of patient population
• Charting and necessary data gathering for patient visits
• Records findings of examinations, assessments and plan of care
• Writes appropriate prescriptions and administers medications
• Orders and interprets laboratory and radiology examinations
• Performs initial and periodic medical history, physical examinations, and daily assessments
• Facilitating transfers from ED or referring hospitals
• Conduct minor procedures (suture removal, removal of drain tubes, etc.)
• Acts as a patient advocate for the population served
• Attends, participates and contributes to group/practice meetings and development of policies and procedures when requested
• Daily schedule to provide inpatient coverage 7 days a week from 7:30am-7:30pm and includes rotation of clinic work (8-hour days) Monday through Thursday, which will be shared with two other APPs; rotating weekend coverage, no call
Education, Experience and Certifications:
Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in NC required. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and make proactive decisions. Three years of relative experience and/or surgical background preferred.
Master’s Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. Pediatric Acute Care (PNP-AC) board certification required.
Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master’s Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
About the Hospital
Atrium Health - Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH)is the most comprehensive children’s hospital between Atlanta and Washington, DC, helping families stay close to home. Serving high patient acuity as the flagship children’s hospital within the innovative Atrium Health (formerly Carolinas HealthCare System) LCH has 236 beds and offers more than 150 specialists across more than 30 pediatric specialties. The hospital has 4 pediatric hospitalist teams, a 20-bed PICU (including cardiac ICU), an 85-bed NICU, and an inpatient pediatric rehabilitation facility. LCH hosts a premier Pediatrics Residency Program, serves as a teaching hospital for students of the UNC Chapel Hill School of Medicine, and offers excellent support for clinical research and quality improvement. LCH has repeatedly been ranked among the Best Children’s Hospitals in the nation by U. S. News & World Report, most recently in eight pediatric specialties for 2021-2022. Carolinas Medical Center along with LCH has earned Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Magnet program recognizes health-care organizations for their focus on improving patient care, safety and satisfaction. It also helps foster a collaborative culture for nurses, while working to advance standards and practices of care.
Atrium Health is one of the largest, most comprehensive and integrated, public, not-for-profit systems in the nation compromising more than 7,500 licensed beds, employing over 65,000 people and accounting for more than 12 million patient encounters on an annual basis.