This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 33395
Job Family: Executives
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 21101017240504-Administration - Operations
Location: Charlotte - 2709 Water Ridge Pkwy
The Vice President, Care Management is a Population Health executive with accountability for developing, aligning and executing clinical care management and related services across the Atrium Health Greater Charlotte Region. The role provides strategic leadership in the development and execution of value-based care and related population health principles. Works closely with executive leadership to facilitate care redesign that engages care teams, innovates the care model, drives high value care, improves health outcomes and positions Atrium Health as a leader in value-based care. Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Serves as a leader providing strategic direction and operational oversight for care management and population health related issues in the Greater Charlotte Region and identifies opportunities and synergies for enterprise alignment and integration and executes on those opportunities.
• Leads the design and strategy of care management programs, products and policies
• Oversight of comprehensive clinical care management programs including inpatient and ambulatory programs and utilization review services
• Coordination of Transitional Care Services (capacity management and throughput)
• Oversight of comprehensive compliant clinical documentation improvement program including inpatient and ambulatory programs
• Oversees human resource management for the assigned areas creating a culture of employee engagement. Ensures HR policies are administered consistently across function. Organizes departmental areas through appropriate structure and delegation of functions.
• This function also requires operational and strategic coordination with other areas across Atrium Health including Managed Health Resources, Accountable Care Organizations, Clinically integrated Networks, Quality, Pharmacy, Medical group, hospital operations, and service lines.
• Participates in Atrium Health’s clinical integration efforts with existing and future partners.
• Provides services and collaboration as necessary with regional partners.
• Staff and operating budget management
• Serves on or leads various committees to assist in achievement of strategic and operational goals.
• Integration of Population Health information/data and tools into care management workflows
• Monitors performance in identified Population Health metrics and facility quality metrics. Reporting results to leadership and providers and implements action plans to meet goals.
• Assists the organization with successfully participating in the value-based transformation
1. Develops and executes strategies for role optimization within a high performing, cross-continuum, multi-disciplinary team to include nurses, social workers, pharmacists and other clinical and non-clinical professionals
2. Leads the integration of best practices to ensure continuous quality improvement and cost containment. Provides strategic perspective and direction within Population Management program activities and service delivery
3. Supervises and mentors both Clinical Programs and Care Management leadership staff
4. Assures compliance with professional and regulatory practice standards
5. Understand population health trends and to develop initiatives designed to improve the health of populations and insuring access.
6. Demonstrate ability to lead and motivate clinical and administrative teams to achieve specific objectives
7. Assist in developing and meeting annual budgetary and organizational goals
8. Develops and deploys care management services to include case management, patient navigation, health coaching and disease management
9. Works effectively as a team member in a dynamic executive environment in a matrix organization and promotes teamwork within and across the organization by maintaining positive relationships and utilizing effective problem-solving skills.
10. Analyze data to identify under/over utilization; improve resource consumption; promote potential reduction in cost; and enhance quality of care consistent with health systems’ strategic goals and objectives. Data includes but is not limited to predictive analysis, risk stratification, cost-benefit analyses, financial analyses; clinical outcomes; utilization and practice patterns within an identified group of patients (diagnoses).
• RN required, Master’s degree required.
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
• Minimum of 10 years progressive healthcare leadership career to include healthcare operational experience and system level role
• 7 years’ experience leading/developing value based care health initiatives in a multi-market and highly matrixed environment.
• Certification in Case/Care Management preferred.
• Must have an active RN license.
Proven experience in:
o Aligning others around a common vision
o Leading effective teams
o Business writing acumen
o Delivering compelling presentations
o Maintaining System point of view
o Diplomacy and political savvy
o Strategic vision and tactical abilities
Enterprise Leadership Imperatives:
Thinks Critically and Strategically
• Engages in rigorous problem solving definition, data collection, and analysis, then makes good decisions in the face of uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Recognizes important patterns in complex environments, distills the essence, and communicates through “powerful simplification.”
• Sees the big picture and has a long-term perspective, while balancing it against short-term realities.
Envisions and Enacts the Future
• Creates and communicates compelling visions of exciting, achievable futures.
• Mobilizes people and transforms organizations to realize the vision.
• Catalyzes innovation and builds supporting capabilities.
• Is a committed steward of the Atrium Health culture.
Connects and Collaborates Across Atrium Health
• Recognizes the critical importance of integration and collaboration in achieving high performance.
• Convenes and nurtures cross-system teams, and works effectively in the “white spaces.”
• Seeks win-win outcomes and puts the well-being of the patient and the overall organization first.
• Leads effectively across cultures.
Builds and Leads Inclusive, High-performing Leadership Teams
• Understands the value of diversity in teams and gets the best out of all people.
• Establishes trust and creates a culture of psychological safety to enable candid debate.
• Builds consensus; decides when necessary.
• Delivers outstanding results through others.
Understands and Shapes the External Environment
• Is deeply knowledgeable about the Atrium Health business model and the consumer, competitive, political and social environments in which the organization operates.
• Understands the importance of actively engaging with and shaping these environments.
• Identifies, assesses and builds relationships with key stakeholders.
• Mobilizes and directs supporting capabilities in public affairs, communications and government relations to achieve desired outcomes.
Builds Talent for and Across the System
• Demonstrated personal accountability for developing future generations of Atrium Health leaders who reflect the diversity of communities we serve.
• Engages actively with colleagues in assessing and developing executive talent, focusing on competencies and character.
• Invests time in coaching and mentoring high-potentials for success.
• Is a role model, embodying the best of Atrium Health’s culture.