PSG Technologist - Multiple Locations
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 30386
Job Family: Respiratory Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 44031026737003-Sleep Disorder Laboratory
Location: Concord - 487 Lake Concord Rd NE
Performs all procedures that electrographically record sleep and its associated phenomena, including the application of patient monitoring devices and the calibrations of recording instruments in accordance with established AASM standard protocols.
- Collects, analyzes and integrates patient information in order to identify and meet the patient-specific needs and determines final testing parameters/procedures in conjunction with the ordering physician and laboratory protocols.
- Prepares and calibrates equipment required for testing and determines proper function and makes adjustments if needed.
- Performs polysomnographic data acquisition; monitors study tracing quality and ensures signals are artifact free. Identifies, corrects and documents signal abnormalities.
- Performs routine positive airway pressure mask fitting.
- Assist in the training of new technician/technologist.
- Performs appropriate physiologic calibrations and ensures proper signals and make adjustments if needed.
- Documents routine observations and completes and verifies documentation.
- Recognizes life-threatening abnormalities and reacts competently in stressful and critical situations.
- Scores polysomnograph and computer generated records, based on ASDA and Rechtshaffer and Kales scoring criteria.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, or arrange for the provision of appropriate care, for pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric, population of patients.
- Adheres to quality control, infection control and quality assurance guidelines for equipment and the work area.
- Annually reviews and follows to administrative, personnel and departmental policies.
Work requires frequent sitting and standing. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree with an emphasis in polysomnography or completion of a polysomnography program. Must be North Carolina state licensed and certified by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) 1-year experience required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA, North Carolina Board of Medicine (RPSGT) License and certification by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (BRPT) as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist required.