Operator - Central Energy Plant - FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 32138
Job Family: Maintenance Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005041905-Maintenance - Energy Plant
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Operates and monitors central energy plant equipment and systems. Detects equipment malfunctions, system abnormalities, and plant inefficiencies and takes appropriate corrective measures to ensure a continuous supply of water, chilled water, steam and emergency power is provided to the hospital campus.
- Operates and troubleshoots central energy plant equipment, including chillers, boilers, emergency generators, and associated distribution systems in a safe, efficient, and reliable manner.
- Performs equipment operations rounding, records operating data on equipment log sheets and takes corrective action to return out of range parameters back to prescribed operating ranges.
- Adjusts, repairs, and replaces energy plant equipment. Installs, repairs, and replaces piping, equipment, and controls components for fuel oil, natural gas, water, steam, compressed air, heating, and plumbing systems associated with the energy plant.
- Performs predictive, preventive, and routine maintenance on all central energy plant equipment including but not limited to: chillers, boilers, cooling towers, emergency generators, building automation controls, air compressors, water systems, pumps and air handlers, normal and emergency electrical switch gear, control panels, motors, and motor controls.
- Uses the computerized maintenance management system to document preventive maintenance, unscheduled repair tasks, and manages energy plant asset historical information.
- Performs water chemistry analysis for water treatment of the boilers, water systems and cooling towers.
- Monitors and maintains compliance documentation for all regulatory agencies. Performs preventive maintenance tasks to ensure systems are maintained to meet compliance regulations, along with required documentation. Prepares boilers and related equipment for state and insurance inspections.
- Works on?call as needed to respond to equipment failures or problems associated with central energy plant operation on weekends, holidays and during inclement weather.
- Provides detailed and timely verbal and/or written communication updates, as required, to leadership, and/or designated others regarding issues with potential impact to patient care.
Able to lift/carry 75 pounds. Able to stand, walk, climb steps, access rooftops and crawlspaces, bend, stoop and turn repeatedly throughout shift. Can pass a minimum of 6 out 14 Farnsworth Lantern (or FALANT) Test for color vision (necessary for identifying signal lights and visual assessment of water chemistry tests). Potential exposure to electrical shock hazards, severe weather conditions, infectious diseases and hazardous chemicals.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High School Diploma or GED required. Technical school training preferred. An EPA Universal Refrigeration Certification is preferred. Minimum of 5 years experience operating high pressure steam systems, chilled water systems, emergency generators, air compressors, air handlers and associated plant equipment required. Experience evaluating and repairing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and control systems and utilizing building automation systems (BAS) to efficiently operate plant systems required. Hospital experience preferred. Working knowledge of computers, building management systems, fire systems, and building drawings/specifications required. A valid drivers license required. A current boiler operator engineer or stationary engineer certificate or license preferred. Previous water treatment analysis experience preferred.