This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 26078
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 27241039133392-Rheumatology - Pediatric
Location: MCP - 1001 Blythe Blvd
The Pediatric Rheumatology team at Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital is seeking an experienced full-time Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP-AC) or Physician Assistant to join our growing team. The Pediatric Rheumatology Clinics are in Charlotte, SouthPark, and Hickory, with a total of two Rheumatologists, two nurses, a social worker, dietician, and physical therapist.
• Ability to treat children facing arthritis, lupus and other rhematic diseases while utilizing the disease-based medicine approach
• Ability to learn and perform arthrocentesis and steroid injections of knees, ankles, wrists, and elbows
• Ability to learn and perform musculoskeletal ultrasound
• Develop expertise in the use of immunosuppressive medications, including management of infused immunosuppressives
• Participate in division's quality improvement projects
• Participate in division's research projects
• Engage in the American College of Rheumatology, North Carolina Rheumatology Association, Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Association, Pediatric Rheumatology Collaborative Study Group, and Pediatric Rheumatology Collaborative Outcomes Improvement Network
• Opportunity to teach and supervise rotating medical students and residents, including participation in rheumatology's annual academic half day for the pediatric residents
• Rotation to the 3 clinic locations: Primarily located at the Charlotte and SouthPark locations but occasional shifts at Hickory might be required.
• 5 days per week M-F from 8am -5pm
• 40 hours and $2,500 annual allowance for continuing medical education (CME)
• Competitive benefits package
Education, Experience and Certifications
• PNP-AC or PA-C
• 2-3 years of experience as an APP required.
• Previous APP experience with rheumatology patients preferred with experience diagnosing and managing musculoskeletal disorders.
• Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. Approved to practice as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one currently works.
• Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in North Carolina required.
• BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice.
• Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize.
Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH) has 4 pediatric hospitalist teams, a 20-bed PICU (including cardiac ICU), an 85-bed NICU, and an inpatient pediatric rehabilitation facility. LCH hosts a premier Pediatrics Residency Program, serves as a teaching hospital for students of the UNC Chapel Hill School of Medicine, and offers excellent support for clinical research and quality improvement. Additionally, Atrium Health and Wake Forest Baptist Health, including Wake Forest School of Medicine, officially joined together as a single enterprise, Atrium Health. Wake Forest Baptist Health and Wake Forest School of Medicine will become the academic core of Atrium Health, building a second campus of the school of medicine in Charlotte, which is currently the largest city in the U.S. without a 4-year medical school. The growth of the school of medicine will expand existing academic research capabilities in a way that expands opportunities for clinical trials across a large, diverse market with some of the nation’s leading medical experts.
LCH has repeatedly been ranked among the Best Children’s Hospitals in the nation by U. S. News & World Report, most recently in eight pediatric specialties for 2021-2022. Carolinas Medical Center along with LCH has earned Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Magnet program recognizes health-care organizations for their focus on improving patient care, safety and satisfaction. It also helps foster a collaborative culture for nurses, while working to advance standards and practices of care.
Atrium Health, one of the nation’s leading and most innovative healthcare organizations, provides a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout North and South Carolina and Georgia. Atrium Health has over 3,000 system-employed providers and more than 60,000 employees, operating 45 acute care and specialty hospitals and 900-plus care locations.