Lead Unit Secretary - Atrium Health University City - Emergency Department - FT Days
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 31216
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11031005730001-Emergency Department
Location: AH University City Main - 8800 N Tryon St
Coordinates and maintains routine orders and computer generated forms for the hospital information system and performs specialized data entry functions.
- Develops curriculum, instructional materials and written correspondence to support orientation.
- Provides Nurse Managers with an evaluation for each Unit Secretary at the end of the formal orientation process. Provides one on one instruction for unit secretaries requiring additional training as deemed necessary.
- Evaluates ongoing effectiveness of the Unit Secretary orientation program and revises program according to needs.
- Provides one on one instruction for unit secretaries, as needed.
- Works with Information Services and other departments to plan, communicate, and implement changes or upgrades to the system.
Work requires standing, sitting, and speaking for prolonged periods of time. Stretching, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling are required frequently. Work requires the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds frequently throughout the shift. Must speak English in clear, understandable terms. Work requires the ability to communicate and concentrate effectively. Finger dexterity is required for data entry operations. Close-up vision necessary for data entry. Good hearing required for related communications.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Clerical experience.