This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 31178
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Department Name: 27461039132063-Cardiology-Pediatric
Location: MCP - 1001 Blythe Blvd
Implements clinical practice, research and education in human/clinical genetics.
• Assesses, plans, and manages medical, psychological and social problems for a specialty patient population.
• Acts as liaison with health care professionals for inquiries and referrals.
• Implements programs, policies and procedures within the area of human/clinical genetics.
• Monitors and recommends integration of new technologies, theories, and resources.
• Remains knowledgeable of community resources.
• Maintains accurate case records and documents appropriately.
• Recognizes and provides for cultural, language, and age-specific differences of patient/family.
• Responds quickly to changes in patient and/or clinic conditions.
Walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 75 pounds in handling of patients and medical equipment and supplies. Must have intact sense of sight, hearing, speech, touch, and finger dexterity. Can concentrate.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master of Science in Genetic Counseling or related field required. Certification or eligible for Board Certification as a Genetic Counselor by the American Board of Genetic Counseling.