Director II - Corporate Health Information Management
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 32032
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 21121017240502-Administration - Executive
Location: Charlotte - 2709 Water Ridge Pkwy
Leads all activities and functions of assigned area or function within HIM/Coding which includes document management imaging services, release of information, documentation excellence, documentation completion, coding, data and technology support in the electronic environment. Participates in developing educational programs team members and other System physicians. Leads or participates in system wide transformational initiatives. Serves as a senior professional in HIM/Coding and operates on an independent level as function or facility representative/liaison representing corporate HIM/coding office.
- Leads assigned area or function to facilitate and maximize the capabilities of the electronic medical record while complying with federal, state and other accreditation or regulatory requirements related to health information management and coding areas and functions. This includes the capture and classification of data serving revenue cycle, data analytics, patient care and other activities in the business.
- Serves as the liaison/representative of HIM/coding to assigned facilities or functions and ensures communications with senior leadership, CMO, providers and nursing/clinical areas at that site or corporate leadership as appropriate. Assures all local facility HIM/coding requirements are met.
- Leads or contributes to local site EMR committees and assuring provider compliance with bylaw and business requirements for documentation and record completion.
- Participates in assuring documentation capture, completion, coding and communication is timely and accurate in meeting corporate goals for discharged not billed status management and minimization.
- May serve as FCA or Privacy officer for corporate or facility assignments assuring compliance with HIPAA, False Claims Act, Coding Guidelines, and other insurer requirements.
- Develops and/or facilitates processes that occur across the continuum of care or revenue cycle..
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Health Information/Coding functions to assure assigned area of responsibility is supportive of the entire scope of services. Serves as cross coverage or back up support for other Health Information Leaders.
- Fully engaged in application of broad Canopy functionality including 3M.
- Supports development and compliance with corporate budgets; Approves payroll and disbursements within scope.
- Assists in keeping all policies and procedures within area of responsibility current and reflective of actual operations and actions.
- Actively engaged in participating in transformational projects within the Health Information Management and Coding functions. Must be collaborative, flexible, creative and engaged in seeking transformation to the one state.
Handles a fast paced and creative work environment moving independently from one task/subject to another. Must have ability to clearly communicate verbally, in writing and in person with physicians and other members of the healthcare community. Makes sound decisions within limited time frames and carry out responsibilities in a professional manner at all times as well as have the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others on an individual and team basis. Travels frequently between facilities and corporate operational areas.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
Bachelor's degree in related field required; Master's degree in related field preferred. RHIT or CCS required; RHIA preferred. 5 years demonstrated leadership experience in area required. Advanced computer and analytical skills gained through education or experiential learning required.