This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 27396
Job Family: Physicians
Specialty: Emergency Medicine
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 25141005030011-Emergency Medicine
The Department of Emergency Medicine at Atrium Health’s Carolinas Medical Center is seeking a board-certified/board-eligible medical toxicologist to help us expand medical toxicology expertise across our enterprise. The vision of the department is to lead and shape the future of emergency medicine. The departmental mission is to elevate and integrate clinical care, education, and research in service to our community for the betterment of our patients.
About Carolinas Medical Center and Levine Children’s Hospital:
• Carolinas Medical Center, Atrium Health’s flagship hospital, is an 874-bed community-based teaching hospital.
• Located on one campus, Carolinas Medical Center and Levine Children’s Hospital provide the region’s only Level I adult and pediatric trauma centers.
• Our emergency department serves a diverse population of more than 115,000 patients annually, including 30,000 in our state-of-the-art children’s emergency department and a significant proportion of the underserved patients in Mecklenburg county.
• The Department of Emergency Medicine is home to a three-year Emergency Medicine Residency program with fellowships in EMS, Global Emergency Medicine, Medical Toxicology, Operational and Disaster Medicine, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, and Ultrasound.
• Our department is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) with active EM DEI and Women in EM committees, in addition to Atrium Health’s enterprise-wide DEI groups and resources.
About our Medical Toxicology Division:
• Active inpatient consult service and outpatient clinic.
• Fully accredited fellowship training program in Medical Toxicology.
• We provide toxicology education for our 3-year EM residency program and PEM fellowship program, as well as EM residents and PEM fellows from other programs in the region.
• Deeply committed to advancing the subspecialty of toxicology, we seek candidates that share this commitment, as well as have a passion for patient care, research, and advancing toxicology education.
Candidates with the following credentials will be considered:
• Board certification/eligibility in Medical Toxicology with primary training and certification in Emergency Medicine or Pediatric Emergency Medicine
About the Community:
• Located in the heart of the Southeast, Charlotte is the largest and most accessible city between Washington, DC and Dallas, TX. Due to its mid-Atlantic location, getting to Charlotte is easy from anywhere in the country or the world, hence its nickname “the International Gateway to the South.”
• The population of the metropolitan area is 2.4 million. Charlotte ranks 1st in economic strength while maintaining a cost of living below national average. As the 17th largest city in the U.S., Charlotte has significant cultural and education resources. The arts are well supported, and the educational system is progressive, with strong schools in both public and private sectors.
• Charlotte is home to Charlotte Douglas International Airport, ranked among the top 10 busiest airports in the world making travel around the country and world easy. Additionally, Charlotte is 2 hours from the mountains and 3 hours from the east coast to allow for easy day trips and weekend getaways.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.