Physical Therapist Clinical Resident
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 28976
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 44511017637653-Rehabilitation Services - Outpatient
Location: Charlotte - 3030 Randolph Rd
A twelve month residency position to prepare a licensed physical therapist in an area of specialization through advanced training and allow them to meet the requirements established by the APTA to sit for the ABPTS specialty examination. Evaluates, plans, directs, and administers programs of Physical Therapy. Plans and conducts Physical Therapy programs to restore function, prevent disability, and help patients enhance physical and functional abilities. May be required to provide coverage as needed throughout facilities in accordance with clinical competencies. Direct patient care time is limited to approximately 75% of the typical full-time caseload to allow time for the advanced learning activities.
- Evaluates patients, selects and administers assessment techniques, synthesizes information to establish appropriate patient care plan to include necessary modalities, procedures, exercise programs, therapeutic groups and patient education as warranted by a holistic view of the patient's diagnosis, condition, age, and discharge needs.
- Gathers and interprets appropriate data from the medical record, physician reports, patient, and/or family as evidenced by documentation
- Documents evaluations, tests, progress notes, daily treatment notes, attendance records, patient/family education, outcomes, discharge notes, and charges as needed.
- Communicates patient's evaluation and subsequent progress to physician, referral sources, and other clinical staff, coordinates patient's schedule and treatment programs, and discharge planning.
- Provides supervision of PTA’s and Rehab Tech/Aide as required for licensure.
- Completes required residency program activities and assignments.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and adequate language/cognitive skills to perform job duties. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. Able to laterally transfer patients 100 pounds rarely. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy program required. NC license for Physical Therapy required. Possess and maintain Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider certification from the American Heart Association required.