Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 22810
Job Family: Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 29761036633516-Obstetrics/Gynecology
Location: LCI - 1021 Morehead Medical Dr
ATRIUM HEALTH AND LEVINE CANCER INSTITUTE is seeking a board-certified experienced gynecologic oncologist to join our team. Levine Cancer Institute is the largest and most comprehensive oncology team in the region, and our gynecologic oncology practice provides care for over 1200 new gynecologic oncology patients, performs over 1000 surgical procedures, and administers over 2500 chemotherapy cycles annually. We perform open, laparoscopic, and robotic approaches to complex surgical procedures and have a complete clinical trials portfolio, including Phase 1, first-in-human, and cooperative group trials. We are an academic-community hybrid program committed to clinical, educational, and research excellence with regional and national leadership. We have robust clinical activity, a residency program with 24 residents annually, and an active research program with clinical and translational research. Our fellowship application for a 3-year fellowship in gynecologic oncology is submitted and pending ACGME approval.
We seek a sixth gynecologic oncologist to join our group. We provide care at two hospitals, including Carolinas Medical Center, our 874-bed flagship hospital in Charlotte, NC, and Atrium Health Cabarrus, our 457-bed tertiary care institution in Concord, NC. Levine Cancer Institute spans over 25 locations in multiple states and our referral base has a large footprint.
About the position:
• The ideal candidate will join the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Levine Cancer Institute at Atrium Health to complete our team of 6 gynecologic oncologists
• We seek a mid-career, experienced gynecologic oncologist with leadership potential who is dedicated to excellent patient care in a busy practice, to education of learners from medical students to fellows, and to research in their area of expertise.
• Academic appointment with Wake Forest University as part of the Atrium Health Enterprise
• The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is well established with private and academic colleagues in all subspecialties of women’s health.
• Levine Cancer Institute is the most comprehensive cancer team in the region with expert medical oncologists; radiation oncologists; dedicated pathologists; surgical oncologists; hepatobiliary, breast, urologic, and other oncology subspecialists; a genetics team; integrative medicine specialists; and supportive care experts.
• Support for clinical practice is extensive, with 3 advanced practice providers, nurses, medical assistants, chemotherapy coordinators, schedulers, and navigators; support for research is comprehensive, with statisticians, research nurses, and translational science partners
• Atrium Health has multiple daVinci robotic systems in the Main OR, One Day Surgery, and Atrium Health Cabarrus, including daVinci Xi, with multiple dedicated gynecologic pathologists and weekly postoperative gynecologic oncology conference.
• The research program is robust with Phase 1, first in human, and cooperative group trials
• Must be board certified
• Competitive salary with opportunities for production bonus compensation
• Atrium Healthcare employee benefits, including paid malpractice insurance and retirement contributions
• Sign on bonus and relocation offered for candidates outside the market
• Medical degree/diploma
• Residency/fellowship certification
• North Carolina medical license or license eligible