Business Intelligence - Senior - Capital Acquisitions
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 28611
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028343007-Material Management Capital Acquisitions
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Manages and facilitates significant analytic initiatives in support of System strategic, operational and quality projects. Works in collaboration with facility executives, service line leaders and operational managers to translate the business needs into analytic and reporting strategies through the development, execution and resourcing of routine and project specific plans for analytics delivery.
- Leads the evaluation of the request for service to understand business and technical open issues to be clarified with the client.
- Works in collaboration with the client to thoroughly understand the business needs, project scope, and anticipated deliverable associated with the request for service.
- Leads the on-going interface with the client to develop analytic approaches to the request.
- Understands and executes the development of specific population definitions to meet the needs of the project.
- Recommends to the client processes to balance the data needs for the project against the urgency and requirements for action.
- Understands the context of the requested data and reports with other initiatives to develop sustainable solutions.
- Translates the defined business needs to a set of meaningful metrics and analytics.
- Provides value-added analysis and recommended follow up actions in support of the business needs.
- Supports the process to integrate data from multiple sources to a single dataset for analysis.
- Leads the review and validation of complex, custom datasets specific to the project.
- Recommends to the client, a method of delivering results from the project to meet current and on-going needs.
- Prepares deliverables for client review and facilitates data discussion and interpretation.
Generally works in an office environment, sitting at a desk, working with a computer, talking on the telephone, and preparing reports and other statistical data. Some of the time is spent in meetings at a variety of facilities, making presentation and offering advice to System executives. On occasion, requires standing, walking and traveling in personal car to other facilities. Also, occasionally requires carrying of up to 25 pounds of materials (files, projectors, laptops). Position also requires the ability to work rapidly and accurately under pressure, to work in a safe and effective manner, and to handle different issues and priorities simultaneously.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred. 5 to 7 years of experience in a healthcare or business analytics setting. Prior experience with Business Intelligence tools required. Thoroughly understands the elements of the Data Models relevant to assigned projects and identifies data integrity issues using complex analysis of the data. Must be able to work rapidly and accurately under pressure to work in a safe and effective manner and to handle different issues and priorities simultaneously.