Part-Time Behavioral Health APP - Float
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 20753
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Part Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 26011019843509-Liaison Services
Atrium Behavioral Health is currently seeking a part-time Advanced Practice Provider to provide psychiatric consults to patients in the Charlotte area and our surrounding areas.
Ideal Candidates Will Be:
- Specialized in psychiatry to provide quality mental health services to patients
- This position is occupied by board certified psychiatric nurse practitioners (PMHNP-BC) and/or physician assistants (PA) who are specifically trained and proficient in the provision of psychiatric services under the direct supervision of psychiatrists working for the Atrium Health Psychiatry Service Line.
About the Position:
- The provider in this position will perform in-person psychiatric and/or telepsych evaluations and medication management for adult patients
- The APP is responsible for evaluating, stabilizing, and treating patients with acute and chronic mental health and substance use disorders.
- This may include, but is not limited to, patients experiencing severe episodes related to depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and withdrawal from drugs and alcohol.
- This position combines on-site work in regional behavioral health facilities (Caldwell, Blue Ridge, Davidson) covering full-time teammates’ PTO/leave requests with one virtual consult-liaison day (Wednesdays) per week.
- Additional hours can be picked up in the emergency department, if needed
- No call
- Part-time teammates are eligible for Atrium Health benefits.
- Graduation from an accredited NP or PA program. Current license to practice as a NP or PA in North Carolina. Current prescriptive privileges and DEA license required. BLS for healthcare provider from AHA required.
- Nurse practitioners are required to have a master’s degree or doctorate in nursing practice. Certification as psychiatric NP from a nationally recognized certifying body required.
- Physician Assistants with certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred. Current or pending CAQ certification preferred.
- 1+ years of experience required. New graduates, even those with prior psychiatric RN experience, will not be considered at this time.
- Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking and interpersonal skills. Able to evaluate, assess, and monitor other co-morbid medical conditions secondary to mental illness in consultation with medical attending.
- NC Licensure required.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advanced healing.