Clinicial Coordinator CRNA - Atrium Health Cabarrus
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 28510
Job Family: Anesthesia Services (CRNAs)
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 16011004830168-CRNA Anesthesia Services - Surgical
Location: AH Cabarrus Main - 920 Church St N
This position provides care to a wide variety of anesthesia patients from birth to lifespan requiring all levels of anesthesia services.
- Serves as clinical and/or didactic instructor for the student nurse anesthetist and/or the Continuing Education Program.
- Coordinates and facilitates staff activities.
- Accepts other assignments as determined by the management team.
- Prepares schedules and coordinates with the Anesthesiologists and the OR staff.
- Supervises clinical anesthesia staff and support staff work schedules, PTO requests, evaluations, promotions and counseling/disciplinary actions.
- Coordinates, reviews, authorizes and documents the Anesthesia department timecards for submission to payroll.
- Facilitates and guides the clinical visits to the of Anesthesia department.
This position works in a fast-paced surgical setting. Requires frequent walking and standing. Lifting and handling of patients, supplies and equipment. Must be able to perform safely and appropriately in stressful situations.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or equivalent required. Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina. Certification as a CRNA as credentialed by the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists required. Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience as a Nurse Anesthetist. BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications required.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
- Machines, Tools, and Equipment
- Anesthesia machine and supplies. Medical and surgical equipment and supplies including but not limited to; fluid warmer, blanket warmer. Laryngoscope. Monitors. Reference books and materials. Patient records. Computer Terminals.