Patient Transporter Specialist
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 28329
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005043603-Guest Services
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Assists in providing patients and visitors with transportation needs and coordinates patient transport activities in facility as well as at the entrances.
- Greets and assists patients/guests upon arrival to the Medical Center.
- Assists all discharged patients with luggage and assistance into vehicle.
- Ensures correct placement in vehicle.
- Directs patients, visitors and staff to appropriate parking areas.
- Maintains traffic control by ensuring fire lanes and no parking zones are clear of traffic.
- Assists with enforcing the Tobacco Free Environment Policy as required.
- Coordinates activities in the Discharged Patient Holding Area.
- Assists in transporting when patient transport volumes are at high volumes.
- Assists in retrieving, cleaning and storage of all patient transport equipment.
Works in an indoor/outdoor fast paced customer-oriented environment. Lengthy periods of standing and walking, ability to push/pull all patients transport equipment. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds for moving and lifting of patients. Possible exposure to hazardous materials. Based on the physical requirements for this position all applicants for this position are required to undergo a physical ability test as a condition of employment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Valid Driver's License. Oral communication skills, written communication skills, and organization skills required. Knowledge of Microsoft Applications required. Minimum of 2 years experience in hospital, hotel, restaurant or customer oriented environment preferred.