Social Worker MSW - PRN - Atrium Health LCH
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 28692
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005031712-Clinical Case Management
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Provides education and support services to patients, families, and staff; assesses needs, plans, coordinates and evaluates services of patients with the goal of equipping and empowering individuals and their families.
- Plans for the care management of targeted populations.
- Works with the clinical team to provide information and education to patients and their social support on available community resources.
- Maintains knowledge of community agencies and community resources for referrals and care partnerships and utilizes these to meet patient needs.
- Interviews, assesses needs, and refers patients/families to resources for social, emotional, or financial assistance when appropriate and serves as a patient advocate to help in the decision making process. Assists and facilitates the multidisciplinary team in understanding and integrating these aspects into the plan of care.
- Reports suspected cases of child and/or adult abuse/neglect/exploitation. Serves as liaison between providers, care setting, patient/patient's social support system and Department of Social Services during evaluation/investigation.
- Utilizes advanced conflict resolution skills to identify problems, recommend solutions and work toward resolution
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned and within time frame specified
Works in an office type setting, extensive walking throughout the facility. Prolonged periods of sitting reviewing medical records, documentation. Repetitive wrist motion and occasional lifting of 10-20 pounds. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Intact sight and hearing with or without assistive devices is required. Must be able to handle a fast paced environment, moving independently from one location to another.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's degree in Social Work from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education required. Minimum of one year hospital/health-related experience preferred. Designation as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Certified Master Social Worker (CMSW), or a certification in case management is preferred. Case Management certifications for MSWs include: Accredited Case Manager (ACM); Certified Social Work Case Manager (CSWCM); Certified Case Manager (CCM); or Certification for Case Managers (CMC). Must adhere to the National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics.