Assisted Reproductive Technology Specialist I, AH MMP Morehead, FT
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 28208
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011040033132-Andrology
Location: MMP - 1025 Morehead Medical Dr
Performs basic and advanced laboratory procedures for the ART Laboratory including semen preparation, documentation and media preparation. Assists in the maintenance of laboratory equipment, supplies, and procedures. Reports to the Director of the Reproductive Biology Laboratory.
- Performs routine Andrology tests and procedures as written in the protocol manuals.
- Performs basic and advanced procedures for the ART Laboratory including semen preparation, documentation, and media preparation.
- Documents clinical activities in the Reproductive Biology Laboratories.
- Assists with performing laboratory quality control and bioassays.
- Assists with maintenance of laboratory equipment, laboratory reagents and supplies. Assists with establishing new laboratory procedures.
- Assists with the maintenance and analysis of patient results, and preparation of statistical reports, for the Reproductive Biology Laboratories and ART program.
Must be able to carry and lift up to 20 pounds. Exposures include blood and semen borne pathogens. Teammates must agree not to smoke or have the odor of smoke on their person during scheduled work hours and during call rotation. Teammates must follow all appropriate safety regulations.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in biology or chemical sciences required. Previous tissue or embryo culture experience is preferred.