$ Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 27810
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005039352-Ultrasound
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. Experienced candidates are eligible up to $5,000 for Part Time positions, and up to $10,000 for Full Time positions. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
Prioritizes and coordinates ultrasound exams with nursing units, radiologists, and referring physicians. Performs ultrasound exams in accordance to departmental protocols and standards. Provides adequate patient care as it relates to the exam requested. Operates ultrasound and associated equipment with proficiency.
• Examines requests and verifies orders on each assigned patient
• Assists Radiologist in performance of invasive procedures
• Evaluates technical quality of exam and develops a superior varied technique for elevated efficiency in the department
• Supports and contributes to the Patient-Centered Care Philosophy by understanding that every staff member is a Caregiver, whose role is to meet the needs of each patient.
• Reports malfunctioning equipment to the Assistant Director, Lead Sonographer and/or Engineer.
• Operates the Radiology computer system to include entering and charging exams and supplies.
• Maintains assigned work area in a neat and orderly fashion. Assists in keeping the area
• Adheres to departmental rules and regulations while performing in a professional manner always
Requires moderate to heavy physical efforts in lifting and moving patients, equipment and supplies up to 600 pounds with assistance. Work requires walking, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling and lifting during normal operation. Requires mental skills to read and comprehend patient orders and technical materials. Motor coordination needed to operate heavy and delicate equipment. Intact sense of sight and hearing.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Certified by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (S) with specialty in Vascular or Pediatrics required. One additional registry required: RVT or RVS (Vascular), AB (Abdomen), BR (Breast), OB/GYN (Obstetrics and Gynecology), PS (Pediatric) or MSKS (Musculoskeletal) required. One-year experience required. Graduate of a comprehensive medical diagnostic ultrasound program preferred. BLS HCP certification from AHA required. Interpersonal skills required.
Validated proficient by US Supervisor and performing at facility at least 6 of the following advanced imaging services required:
1. Temporal Artery
2. Transcranial Doppler
3. Vein Mapping
4. Renal Artery Stenosis
5. Liver Doppler
6. Transplant – Liver/Kidney
8. Arterial Doppler
9. Thoracic Outlet
10. Neonatal Cranial
11. Pediatric Spine
12. Pediatric Hips
13. Elastography (Liver)
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
• Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
• Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
• Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Hospital Information Systems (HIS)
Radiology Information systems (RIS)
PACS and archiving systems
Hospital telephone and paging system
O2 and suction equipment
Canopy, EMR, Patient charts
Departmental fax, printer, and copying equipment