Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 27612
Job Family: Patient Accounting/Registration
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 45531053540501-Administration
What will you do:
Coordinates effective and efficient processes for receiving inpatient referrals to CGRH and coordination with Hospital Medical
Director and Hospital Managers for inpatient admissions when indicated.
Major Job Functions
1. Processes referrals of all patients in an efficient, responsive manner
2. Coordinates flow of information through the admissions process and forwards to appropriate departments for the successful completion of admission.
3. Notifies Rehab Liaison of admissions status. Alerts Rehab Liaison if admission has no rehabilitation benefits or if benefits have specific restrictions
4. Provides Patient Account Rep with appropriate information for pre-certification of all referrals.
5. Notifies appropriate therapist of Patient’s admission and prepares necessary paperwork for evaluation
6. Coordinates denial information with Patient Account Rep for follow up communication to referral sources, families and physicians.
What will you need:
High school or GED
Two years experience in admission in a health related field