Maintenance Mechanic II - Atrium Health Pineville - FT
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 28604
Job Family: Maintenance Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11071005441904-Plant Operations
Location: AH Pineville Main - 10628 Park Rd
Inspects, installs and maintains mechanic, plumbing, electrical and/or refrigeration building systems involving repairs, calibration/adjustment, and maintenance. Oversees facility maintenance and repairs including generating purchase requisitions, securing parts and supplies, reading blue prints, schematics, wiring diagrams and manuals to implement work involving layout, material take-off and trouble-shooting techniques. Maintains all documentation for inspection, safety and compliance. Performs all responsibilities of Mechanic I and Mechanic II, providing guidance, overseeing and instructing subordinate mechanics on tools, equipment, safety and controls.
- Makes building system repairs and replacements to HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems as assigned. Adjusts, calibrates and troubleshoots equipment in specialty area.
- Performs variety of repairs and maintenance on all equipment as required to ensure that safety and patient care are not affected.
- Secures parts and supplies through the storeroom. Selects and requests materials appropriate for the assigned job. Generates purchase requisitions.
- Reads blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and manuals to implement work involving layout, material take-off and trouble-shooting techniques. Uses information from these resources to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collects and records all regulatory documentation, timesheets and workorders using computer systems. Fully utilizes the computerized maintenance management work order system.
- Performs a variety of planned maintenance tasks and/or inspections on assigned equipment or area.
- Oversees and instructs subordinate mechanics on tools, equipment, safety and controls.
- Observes and follows all safety and security regulations, department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Self-assesses tasks and priorities.
- Assists outside service personnel, inspectors and vendors. Interacts directly with internal customers, staff and patients as necessary.
Must be able to lift 75 pounds while taking materials to and from sites. Must be mobile within entire facility(ies) including ability to access roof tops and crawl spaces. When performing diagnosis, maintenance and repair of assigned equipment, will frequently be required to climb, lift, crawl, and squat and kneel to access jobs. Exposure to electrical shock hazards, severe weather conditions, infectious disease and hazardous chemicals. Must have good verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of hospital personnel.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Two years of vocational training in the operation and repair of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment required. Three years’ experience with major plant equipment required. Must possess journeyman card and/or specific certification in a skilled trade or system. Contractor’s license preferred. Health care preferred. Valid driver’s license.