Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 20062
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 31031083533516-Obstetrics/Gynecology
Location: OH FM Charlotte Mallard Creek
Functions independently in an inpatient care setting and / or ambulatory care setting in collaboration with a supervising physician. Nurse Midwife provides antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum care for patients in the ambulatory and inpatient setting. May also include providing gynecological care for women of all ages. The nurse midwife functions within the guidelines of the Nursing Practice Act, the Medical Practice Act, Joint Midwifery Committee and other regulatory agencies.
Practice Information embedded here
• Assesses health status utilizing advanced physical examination and medical history skills.
• Designs individualized health care management plans in collaboration with other health professionals.
• Manages health care within protocols mutually agreed upon by physician and team members.
• Assesses and provides support for the cultural, psychosocial, language and physically challenged needs of the family unit.
• Identifies abnormal findings early and initiates appropriate intervention.
• Serves as a role model/clinical resource in all aspects of job performance and human relation's skills.
• Assesses own practice needs, as well as those of the other members of the health care team and develops methods to meet those needs.
• Maintains quality improvement process which includes a written plan and evaluates current treatment interventions and identifies a possible plan for improving outcomes
• Participates on committees and in research as appropriate.
• License to practice as a Registered Nurse required.
• Certified by the American Midwifery Certification Board and approved to practice as a Nurse Midwife in the state of NC/SC.
• Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider from AHA required.
• NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) certified
• Minimum 1 year of experience in labor and delivery
• Completion of MSN and graduate level Certified Nurse Midwife Program.
• Certified by American Midwifery Certification Board
• Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling.
• Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies.
• Must speak English fluently and in understandable terms.
• Must possess intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity.
• Must have the ability to react and perform in stressful situations
• Must be able to work 24 hour call shifts if required