Physician/APP Onboarding Specialist (Remote/ Charlotte NC)
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 27415
Job Family: Human Resources
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 21051017242301-Recruitment
Location: Charlotte - 2709 Water Ridge Pkwy
Manages the physician and APP onboarding efforts for specific specialties within the Medical Group. Serves as the subject matter expert for those specialties by partnering with the hiring leaders to identify onboarding needs from acceptance through the first year. These needs include process and workflow for credentialing/privileging, relocation, orientation, ability to be “day 1 ready” and on-site orientation. Maintains a relationship with the hiring team and new physician/APP to follow the onboarding through the first year to ensure a seamless experience.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for physician & APP onboarding by providing guidance on current state medical licensing process, DEA process, internal credentialing/privileging process, and first 90-day responsibilities to ensure a successful onboarding experience.
- Manages all phases of the onboarding process as it relates to credentialing/privileging, house hunting/relocation, Atrium educational requirements, Day 1 needs at the practice, completion of first 30 -90 day activities, and continual check-ins throughout the first year.
- Assists hiring leaders with onboarding process by providing follow up on all onboarding activities and workflows, while also advising leaders on best practice recommendations to create a successful first 30 days.
- Follows up with hiring leaders during the first year after periodic check-ins with the new physician/APP and survey feedback to confirm needs and follow up items are being addressed/supported.
- Collaborates closely with support teams across the organization to learn about process changes and updates impacting physician/APP Day 1 readiness.
- Responsible for keeping Oracle updated with current information related to the onboarding status of each physician/APP and preparing timely onboarding reports
- Collaborates with hiring leaders, onboarding leadership and D&I team to execute on strategies identified to increase and promote diversity and inclusion throughout the onboarding process.
- Engages in process improvement by identifying gaps in process, workflow, and/or metrics, participating in work groups and/or leading work groups to address identified gaps.
- Supports physician & APP onboarding manager as needed.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in Recruitment and/or Onboarding preferred
- Health care background preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication with the ability to manage relationships across all levels of the organization
- Assertive and responsive in communication and follow up
- Highly effective listening skills
- Successfully meet established targets and metrics while maintaining a full workload.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at different points in a process.
- Interest and aptitude with process improvement work
- Ability to work in an environment where change is consistent and often fast paced
- Ability to understand how data and trends impacts performance and strategy
- Ability to influence others