Patient Transporter I - Pineville
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 27637
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11071005443603-Guest Services
Location: AH Pineville Main - 10628 Park Rd
Provides safe, efficient and courteous transport services to patients, visitors and staff. Prioritizes transport needs and performs customer service duties to include transports, escorts, equipment requests and basic patient care. Coordinates patients, visitors and staff activities throughout the facilities.
- Role models a positive hospital image to patients, visitors and staff by adhering to the System's Core Values.
- Perform excellence customer service in transporting daily.
- Provide transport services to include; transports, transfers, discharges, admissions, escorts and equipment.
- Coordinate activities to guide patients, visitors/guest, and staff to desired designations within the facilities.
- Assist clinical staff with safe patient handling to include; moving patient, patient lifts, patient transfers (stand-pivot and lateral), etc.
- Provide education to patients and visitors/guest (room orientation, transport process, etc.) and answer questions regarding essential support services or provide the appropriate resource.
- Daily maintain and update required transport service data (manually or electronically).
- Assist with care and maintenance of transport equipment to ensure equipment is safe, clean, and ready for use. Inspect equipment before and after use to identify defective equipment. Report defective equipment immediately to supervisor.
- Monitor facilities to ensure environment is safe and clean (ensuring unattended equipment is removed from hallways, not blocking electrical panels, fire extinguishers or emergency exits)
- Maintain equipment inventory throughout facilities; stretchers, wheelchairs, beds, oxygen cylinders and carriers, IV poles, etc.
- Complete and maintain required training, educational programs, and certification.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Adhere to the System, Pineville, and departmental policies and procedures.
Works in an indoor/outdoor fast-paced, customer-oriented environment. Lengthy periods of standing and walking. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds for moving and lifting patients. Ability to push/pull all patient transport equipment. Ability to present a good working relationship with all departments. Ability to prioritize workload. Exposure to hazardous materials.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or equivalent required. Oral and written communication skills, organizational, typing and strong leadership skills desirable. Previous experience in a guest or public relations area is desirable. BLS certified within 6 months. Computer and data entry skills are desirable.