Patient Transporter I
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 27359
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11051016631754-Patient Transport
Location: Charlotte - 2001 Vail Ave
Performs guest assistant duties to include patient escorting, assisting clinical staff with transferring patients from bed to transport equipment.
- Escorts patients, guests, and visitors to points of destination using ambulatory, beds, cribs, stretchers, and wheelchairs.
- Possesses knowledge and appropriate use of hospital paging system.
- Uses hospital telephone system as it relates to transport tracking to accept transport orders, put jobs in progress and complete jobs.
- Assists nursing and various clinical staff with the transferring of patients from bed to transport equipment.
- Transports and provides room orientation for admissions.
- Provides directional information to guests and visitors and patient location to patient's family members and guests.
- Verifies registration of outpatients and transport to appropriate departments or clinics.
- Retrieves, cleans, and stores all unused patient transport equipment.
Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time. Must be able to push and pull all modes of patient transport equipment. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds moving and lifting patients. Exposure to hazardous materials. Job involves working in a fast paced environment. Based on the physical requirements for this position all applicants for this position are required to undergo a physical ability test as a condition of employment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or equivalent required. Customer service and excellent interpersonal skills required. Computer or data entry skills preferred. Prior experience in healthcare, hotel, or restaurant preferred.